Clothing Closet Guidelines
We are blessed with many friends who support the women of The Next Door with generous donations of clothing, shoes and accessories! Your gifts are an important part of the transformation and recovery of our residents. In an effort to keep our Clothing Closet organized and adequately supplied with items of need, please note our specific needs and adhere to the following guidelines for all donations.
Clothing donations will be accepted Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday between 9:00am and 4:00pm. To arrange drop off, please contact the volunteer coordinator at 615-251-8805 (x 625) or email email@example.com
- Only new or nearly new in season clothing will be accepted. Please launder, press and hang clothing before donating. (Must be on hangers!)
- Clothing must be machine washable. Residents are unable to use “dry clean only” items.
- Please provide clothing that is in current fashion (less than five years old). Our ladies, like all of us, feel much more confident in up-to-date styles.
- Be mindful that our residents are generally between 25 and 40 years of age.
- Please refrain from donating revealing or low-cut items or items with logos or slogans.
- We accept the following new or nearly new clothing items in sizes 2 to 22:
- NEW panties, bras, pajamas, socks, and flip flops. (We will not accept used bras, panties, pajamas or socks.)
- Blue jeans
- Khaki or black slacks (cotton preferred)
- White button down blouses (cotton preferred)
- Casual tops & sweaters (pullover and cardigan)
- Sweat shirts and pants (no logos)
- Coats (we accept nice coats year round)
- Sturdy work shoes & tennis shoes
- Casual and dressy flats (most of our ladies walk to work & church)
- Sandals with no heels (Spring/Summer)
- Current styles of pocketbooks
- Most dressy clothing items are needed only in very limited quantities. If you wish to donate any of the following items, please ask specifically about our current needs.
- Dress slacks and trousers
- Dress shoes
WE DO NOT ACCEPT HIGH HEELS, COCKTAIL OR PARTY DRESSES, BUSINESS SUITS, BUSINESS DRESSES, BLAZERS, OR BATHING SUITS
Thank you for your generous support of The Next Door! We are grateful you think of us when deciding where to donate your new or nearly new clothing. Your adherence to these guidelines will help our hard-working volunteers make the Clothing Closet a more successful part of our ministry.