Thank you for your interest in volunteering with The Next Door. Volunteers play an integral role as they use their interests, talents, and spiritual gifts to serve and support the mission of The Next Door. Participating in the transformational journey of women from hopelessness to hope is an amazing and beautiful blessing! Our volunteers have the opportunity to work in a variety of settings in our agency and will be placed into volunteer service according to their talents, qualification and interest.
To become a volunteer at The Next Door, please fill out the volunteer application. You will be invited to attend the next Volunteer Orientation and be scheduled to have an interview with the Volunteer Coordinator to determine how we can best place you into a meaningful service role.
Please fill out the volunteer application here and email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The next Volunteer Orientation Session for the Nashville location is scheduled for Saturday, May 13 at 2PM. Please RSVP to email@example.com.
Areas of service include, but are not limited to:
- Help serve lunch (11:45 a.m. -1 p.m.) or dinner (4:45p.m. – 5:45 p.m.)
- Lead a Group – 12-Step Meeting Leader/Creative Writing/Work Force Development
- Lead our clients in spiritual wellness – Morning Meditation/Fellowship Time/Bible Studies
- Girls Night In (organize a fun Saturday evening for our clients)
- Help sort and organize donations in the Clothing Closet
- Health and Wellness – Yoga/Fitness/Zumba/Pilates Instructor/Massage Therapist/Manicurist/Beautician/Hairstylist/Make-Up/Walking Buddy
- Special Events/Birthday Celebrations/Holiday Events
If you are not available to volunteer on a regular basis, but would still like to help, consider a donation to the Clothing Closet or a donation of Welcome Bags or Supplies. Please visit our Give page for a list of items we are currently accepting. If you are interested in organizing a donation drive or in donating other items listed on the Give page, please check with the Volunteer Coordinator for the current needs.
Donation drop offs will be accepted Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday between 9:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. by appointment. Please contact Rebecca Nofi at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment to drop of your items or if you have any questions.