Where can I mail a check?
For Nashville Gifts, Please mail to:
The Next Door, Inc.
P.O. Box 23336
Nashville, TN 37202
For Chattanooga Gifts, Please mail to:
The Next Door Chattanooga
P.O. Box 526
Chattanooga, TN 37401
Can I designate my gift for a specific city where The Next Door is located? How do I do so?
Yes, our desire is for donors in each city where we are located to provide support for the programs and services we provide to women in need in that city. To designate a contribution sent by mail for a specific city, please use the appropriate address listed above OR include a note stating the location you wish to support. To designate a contribution made through www.thenextdoor.org, please mark the online form to indicate the location you wish to support.
Is my gift tax-deductible?
Generally, yes. The Next Door, Inc. is a non-profit organization pursuant to Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. You should always consult a tax adviser for specific deductibility rule.
Will I receive a receipt?
Yes. We provide receipts for income tax purposes in January of the year following your contribution. Please feel free to contact Malinda Hersh with questions at Malinda.Hersh@thenextdoor.org
Where do you get your funding?
The Next Door is blessed to have a diversity of funding sources, including individuals, foundations, corporations, churches, and government grants.
How do I ensure you are investing my support wisely?
An outside accounting firm conducts an annual audit of The Next Door. In addition, an all-volunteer Board of Directors sets policies and procedures and monitors the budget and expenditures, including monthly review by the Board’s Finance Committee. You may also review our IRS Form 990 Tax Returns, Annual Audits, and Annual Budgets at www.givingmatters.org.
What is the federal taxpayer ID number for The Next Door?
The EIN, or federal taxpayer identification number, for The Next Door is 43-2001774.
How do I obtain a copy of The Next Door’s W-9 or 501(c)(3) letter?
You may easily obtain these documents by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
Does The Next Door participate in the CFC program?
Yes, The Next Door participates in the Combined Federal Campaign. The CFC number for The Next Door is 60511. The CFC number for The Next Door Chattanooga is 45553.
How do I update the amount of my monthly gift?
Please feel free to send your updated amount to Malinda.Hersh@thenextdoor.org. You will receive confirmation via e-mail.
How do I cancel my monthly gift?
Please feel free to send your request to cancel to Malinda.Hersh@thenextdoor.org. You will receive confirmation via e-mail.
How do I change the credit card or bank account for my monthly gift?
Please feel free to contact Malinda Hersh at 615.251.8805, ext. 625 or at Malinda.Hersh@thenextdoor.org from 9:00am to 4:00pm Central, Monday through Friday. Malinda will be happy to assist you.
The following is an excerpt from The Next Door’s Fund Raising Policies and Procedures that applies to donor privacy:
The Next Door maintains compliance with all laws and rules of the Federal and Tennessee State Government and the requirements of CARF related to fund raising.
- Donors are solicited in the following ways at TND: direct mail, electronic mail, special events, one-on-one personal visits, phone calls, and in other ways a donor may wish to be asked for funds.
(1) The Next Door maintains all donor records in a database, DonorPerfect, maintained by the executive assistant and all members of the fundraising team.
(2) If a donor at any point requests to be put on the “do not solicit” list, whether a verbal request or through mail or in any other way, the donor will no longer be solicited for gifts. The executive assistant will enter the database and “flag” the donor with the appropriate code which will then not provide any donor communication. It will, however, allow previous gifts to be seen for record keeping.
(3) Members of the fundraising staff also alert each other, through the database, of a donor’s preferred method of communication should he/she have one. If a donor prefers not to receive mail but does like to be phoned, this is entered in the database.
(4) Each member of the fundraising staff is responsible for entering data when donor information is received.
(5) Staff check donor information prior to contacting donors (individually or through mail/electronic campaigns) to make certain those who do not wish to be solicited are not included.
- All donor information is kept confidential.
(1) The Next Door’s policy requires that the agency does not give out individual names or donation amounts to organizations or businesses.
(2) Foundation requests and grant applications occasionally require names and amounts of recent significant donors to be listed as part of a funding application. These are submitted in accordance with grant or application requirements and foundations hold names in confidence.
(3) Names of donors are shared with board members and leaders of the organization, so they may be appropriately thanked.
(4) Donor names are used in agency newsletters, event invitations, and other means of recognition unless a donor wishes to remain anonymous.