Please review the following guidelines carefully before submitting your donations. Your adherence to these guidelines will help our hard-working volunteers make the Clothing Closet a successful part of our ministry. Thank you!
- Only new, or nearly new, IN SEASON clothing will be accepted. Please launder, press and hang clothing before donating. Clothing must be machine washable. Residents are unable to use “dry clean only” items.
- Please provide clothing that is in current fashion (less than five years old). Our ladies, like all of us, feel much more confident in up-to-date styles.
- Be mindful that our residents are generally between 20 and 40 years of age.
- Please refrain from donating revealing or low-cut items or items with large logos or slogans.
We accept the following NEW OR NEARLY NEW clothing items in sizes 2 to 22:
- NEW panties, bras, socks, and flip flops (We will not accept these items used!)
- Blue jeans
- Khaki or black slacks (cotton preferred)
- White or colored button down blouses (cotton preferred)
- Casual tops, T-shirts, sweaters, cardigans
- Sweat shirts and pants and leggings, yoga pants (please no inappropriate slogans/logos)
- Work-out wear (we offer running, yoga and fitness classes)
- Nearly new sturdy work shoes & tennis shoes (we do NOT accept shoes that are torn/have holes)
- Flats (most of our ladies walk to work & church)
- Sandals without heals (during spring and summer months only)
- Coats (We accept nice coats year around)
- Maternity Clothing in all sizes
WE DO NOT ACCEPT HIGH HEELS, COCKTAIL OR PARTY DRESSES, BUSINESS SUITS OR DRESSES, BLAZERS OR BATHING SUITS.
Thank you for your generous support of The Next Door! We are grateful you think of us when deciding where to donate!