Many of the women who come to The Next Door for help have nothing but the clothes they’re wearing. In an effort to make them feel comfortable and welcome at TND, we gratefully provide them with the following items:
**Please note that all items listed below must be NEW and not used.
- Digital electric alarm clocks (may be gently used)
- Bras and underwear in all sizes
- Flip flops
- Towels, washcloths and twin sheet sets (white only)
- Shampoo and conditioner, including ethnic hair care products (travel size or full size)
- Body lotion (travel size or full size)
- Hairbrushes, pony-tail holders and head bands
- Personal feminine hygiene items: tampons, sanitary napkins
- Toothbrushes, toothpaste, dental floss and plastic toothbrush holders
- Blank Journals and adult coloring books
- Coloring pencils
- Stamps and blank note-cards with envelopes (for mailing cards and letters)
- Life Recovery Bible (may be purchased at Lifeway.com or Amazon.com) as well as devotional books (both may be gently used)
- Gift Cards to Target, Walmart, or Goodwill
Donations we do not accept. Please adhere to these guidelines for the safety of our clients:
- Hand sanitizer
- Nail Polish
- Glass containers or water bottles
If you would like to donate any of these items you may purchase them directly through our Amazon WishList page at https://www.amazon.com/shop/thenextdoor, or you may email Volunteer@thenextdoor.org to arrange a time to drop the items off in person. We only accept donations by appointment. Thank you for considering the gift of a donation to The Next Door!
We also love to receive book donations for our clients. If you would like to purchase and send in one of our recommended titles, please visit this Amazon Book Wish List.